What makes ENRGi different from other gyms?
ENRGi offers workout and recover options for all levels of fitness. Our fitness playground includes monkey bars, tires, battle ropes, ski ergs. treadmills, air bikes, suspension trainers, Bulgarian bags, slam balls, rowers, kettle bells, and more. Choose from a variety of conditioning, metabolic, and strength formats.
We also offer active, restorative, and passive recover options to help you recover faster between workouts. Sit back, relax, and recover during a normatec® session that’s just like your very own massage therapist or take a gravity class that focuses on deep stretching to open your body and inversion therapy to decompress your spine.
Our rule of thumb is to recover as frequently as you workout. If you are sore today, you should recover tomorrow. We offer balanced variety, which allows our clients to feel good, age well and have less injuries! Our motto is workout. recover. repeat.
Since we offer so much variety, we’ve created a formula for you to learn about our classes and optimize your experience. Click here to learn more!
What is ENRGi's story and when was it founded?
We are honored that Voyage Chicago featured us as one of Chicago’s Most Inspiring Stories. Learn more about our roots and our founder!
What if I am new to working out or haven't worked out in a while?
Join us anyway! Most of our classes are designed for ALL fitness levels. We give options for beginners to advanced levels in our classes. We encourage you to come, even if you have never worked out before. IMPORTANT: If you have an injury or condition that needs special modifications, please arrive early and let your instructor know before class begins.
Do I have to workout for a full hour?
That is completely up to you. You can work out for 30 minutes or a full hour. If we are not busy, you can stay as long as you’d like, though we do not recommend working out for more than 90 minutes. Even though we have options to keep you moving all day long, we do not want you to overexert yourself. Click here to learn about how you can optimize your experience with us!
What should I wear?
- Clothing: If you are taking a class in our gravity studio, we recommend that you wear clothing that is form fitting and allows your body to move easily. Otherwise, anything that you are comfortable getting sweaty in as long it’s a tee shirt or tank top and shorts, capris, or pants.
- Shoes for gravity and yoga formats: Be prepared to remove shoes and socks (grip socks for gravity barre are allowed) before entering the studio.
- Shoes for all other formats: Regular workout shoes are required.
- Bring your own mat to yoga classes: We do not supply yoga mats, please bring your own. Mats are not required for gravity classes.
Where are you located?
ENRGi is located at 215 West Ohio, Chicago, IL 60654. We are located between Wells and Franklin Streets. Press the SILVER doorbell at the main entrance of the building and we’ll buzz you in.
Is there parking?
We have two parking options available for our clients:
- On-demand parking right outside ENRGi via Luxe: $5/hour, $15 max, 7 days per week
- Park at the “Ohio Street Parking” lot across the street from ENRGi on the corner of Ohio and Franklin: $5/hour CASH ONLY Monday through Friday after 5PM. Metered street parking is available Saturdays and Sundays. Towing is strictly enforced.
- Download “Luxe” on the App Store or Google Play, create a profile.
- Enter in promotion code “ENRGi” for $20 first time credit.
- Before driving to ENRGi, open the app, drop the destination pin at the ENRGi hotspot on the map (215 W. Ohio St).
- A valet will be waiting for you at ENRGi to park your car.
- For car return: Open the app and select the return of your car at ENRGi, expect ~15 minutes.
How do I get there via public transportation?
- Train: Brown Line (Merchandise Mart); Walk north on Wells then make a left on Ohio.
- Bus: LaSalle #156 CTA Bus (Ontario and LaSalle); Walk one block south to Ohio, turn right, walk past Wells. We’re on the left side of the street.
Do you have lockers?
Yes. Please bring a lock to secure your belongings as ENRGi is not responsible for any items lost or stolen. Your lock will be cut if you leave your belongings overnight. Bags and personal belongings (including keys, wallets and phones) are NOT allowed downstairs or in the studios. All bags, purses, backpacks, etc. must be stored in a locker. We have many small lockers for storage in the locker rooms and medium lockers for larger items in the common area. Water bottles & towels are the only items allowed in the studios. **NOTE: Phones are not allowed in workout studios unless you are expecting an important phone call. If so, please step into an ENRGi common area so the class is not interrupted.
Do you have showers?
Yes. We have 3 showers, changing areas, sinks, mirrors & more located in each locker room (Men’s & Women’s). Very basic… just what you need to get un-sweaty & on with your day/night!
Do you have shower or sweat towels?
Yes! We offer complimentary sweat and shower sized towels.
Do I need to bring water or can I fill up my water bottle when I arrive?
We have filtered water fountains on the top and lower level floors where you can fill up your water bottle. If you forget to bring water, we sell bottles of water.
How early do I need to arrive before a class?
If this is your first class, please arrive 10 minutes before class begins. Otherwise, please arrive at least 5 minutes before class begins.
What happens if I am added to a waitlist?
- If you are added to a waitlist, you will receive an email that you got into class IF you are opted-IN to our email system. If you are not receiving these emails, you can opt-IN under your account. Otherwise you can call or email us.
- If you do not get into class, you will not be notified.
- Our system will add people into class up to 2 hours before class starts, including early morning classes.
- If 2 hours is not enough time for you, we highly recommend you log into your account and remove yourself from the waitlist to avoid late cancel or no show fees (see below).
- Our waitlists are locked 2 hours before classes begin. If you are still on a waitlist less than 2 hours before class, there may be room for you if others late cancel. Simply give us a call at (312) 846-6989 and if there’s room, we will add you to class. Remember, once you’re added, late cancel and no show fees apply (see below).
- If your not added to class from a waitlist but you’re flexible with your workout, just show up. Since we have 4 studios, we often have several classes to choose from. It’s likely we will have room in one of our classes, especially weekday evenings after 5:30PM and weekends.
What is your cancellation policy?
To most efficiently manage capacities and make sure clients can get into their favorite classes, we strictly enforce a Late Cancel & No Show Policy:
- Early Cancel: An Early Cancel is any cancellation that occurs more than 2 hours prior to the start of your class. There is no charge for an Early Cancel.
- Late Cancel: A Late Cancel is any cancellation that occurs less than 2 hours prior to the start of your class. If you Late Cancel, you will be charged $5. This applies to unlimited packages, unlimited memberships and workout challenge memberships. All drop-ins and drop-in memberships will lose one class per Late Cancel in lieu of being charged. Canceling can easily be done online under your account information or in our ENRGi app. **If you are signed up for multiple classes, show up for one and cancel another, you will not be charged a Late Cancel fee as long as you notify the front desk at check-in.
- No Show: A No Show occurs if you do not cancel AND do not show up for your scheduled class. If you No Show, you will be charged $10. This applies to unlimited packages, unlimited memberships and workout challenge memberships. All drop-ins and drop-in memberships will lose one class per No Show in lieu of being charged. Canceling can easily be done online under your account information or in our ENRGi app.
- recover club: Since our recover club is closely monitored by our front desk, we do not charge Late Cancel & No Show fees for normatec® sessions. If you Late Cancel or No Show more than 3 times, we will revoke your recover club access.
How do I make a reservation?
To register, click Reserve on our homepage. You will be prompted to create a username, password, and profile. Once you click “Make a Reservation,” click “Sign Up”. If you are a member, you will be signed into the class. If you do not have a membership or series, you will be prompted to make a payment. An email confirmation and reminder will be sent to you before your scheduled reservation. We also have an ENRGi app available on both iphone and android!
Can I just come workout on my own?
We do have a few “Open Cardio” times, available to members only. When other classes aren’t using the upstairs workout area, you can come in and use our treadmills, air bikes, rowers, and/or ski ergs.
Why isn't there a sign up button to make a reservation?
Most likely you are looking too far in advance. Our reservations open at 6AM, 7 days in advance.
Can I make a reservation last minute?
As long as there is room, absolutely!
What are your membership and pricing options?
Click here for everything you need to know about our membership and pricing options.
Do you have month-to-month memberships?
All our memberships require no minimum commitment. You can cancel anytime by emailing us 14 days before your next scheduled auto-pay. No holds or suspensions.
Once I’m a member, is there a way I can bring my friends to workout with me?
Yes! Once you are a member, you’ll receive unlimited newbie passes for friends & family who’ve NEVER been to ENRGi. Your “newbie” can purchase 1 pass under “First Time Offer” in our online store for only $5. Ask the Front Desk or email us for the exclusive code!
Do your drop-in packages expire?
All of our drop-in packages have an expiration date. Before purchasing, you can view the expiration date here. If you’ve already purchased, you can view the expiration date under your account details.
what classes to take if…
I’m getting married and want to get more toned and lose weight. What classes should I take and how often?
Get to 5 classes a week. Any of the metabolic classes will lean you down and tighten you up, all while improving your heart health. Take at least 3 of these. Then, be sure to recover with an active or passive recovery class in between them. Also, to throw your body an extra curveball, take at least one conditioning or strength class. Refer to our formula to better understand the differences between our classes.
I've always just been a runner but was told cross-training would help improve my running performance. What classes should I try to reap these benefits?
Strength and resistance training has been shown to improve running performance, especially when you need that extra little boost getting up a hill. Frequent running can also be stressful on the lower body joints. To satisfy both of these needs, try our low impact strength and conditioning classes such as target 6 or shredded. You will build muscle strength, while also balancing out the impact factor attained while running. All of the classes we offer and their descriptions are listed here.
I want to get stronger, but am coming back from rehabbing a rotator cuff injury. I’m sick of doing just cardio-based workouts. What classes can I take?
No class is off limits because we can give you specific modifications and levels for any exercise and drill. Try out the strength class, bells & bags – it’s right up your alley. The target 6 class will suit you too, as well as suspension. It’s very important that you tell the instructor about your injury before class begins! All of the classes we offer and their descriptions are listed here.
My job is stressing me out big time; I’m not sleeping well and my shoulders and neck are super tight. Will working out help?
Yes, definitely. Take gravity yoga and gravity recover to immediately address the tension you’re experiencing. To let off some steam try running and jumping in a metabolic class like s.w.a.t. or warrior. Our boxing class is a sure stress reliever too.
My doctor says I need to start exercising. I don’t want to. Do you have any fun classes?
They all are really, but it will depend on what you think is fun. Like to dance and not even realize you’re exercising? Take werq, or maybe you’d like turbokick – both conditioning classes that will help get you right in shape.
I have a lower back injury. What workouts do you suggest trying out?
Are there modifications for someone new like myself so I don't feel pressured into over-doing it?
Every class has Level 1, 2, & 3 options for each exercise, so you will always have a choice to work at your own pace. No matter what class format you take, the instructor will scale as needed and make sure you are comfortable working out.