CHICAGO - RIVER NORTH
- meta: The goal of this cardio-based class is simple: get a sweat drenched workout that’ll boost your METAbolism for hours afterward! Experience a unique blend of cardio circuits that may include self-powered treadmills, skiergs, boxing bags, TRX trainers, Gladiator Walls, air bikes, slam balls and SO MUCH MORE! Workout Breakdown: 90% cardio / 10% strength. Recover Breakdown: the end of class is dedicated to foam rolling, deep stretching, and/or mobility.
- bags n bells: This class is an intense Kettle Bell and Bulgarian Bag focused WOD. The exercises will require your body to move in unique & healthy ways to improve posture, body awareness, and overall make you mad fit. Workout Breakdown: 100% strength. Recover Breakdown: the end of class is dedicated to foam rolling, deep stretching, and/or mobility.
core: An intense core-based daily workout (WOD) in just 30-minutes. A strong body must have a strong core! Your core is a complex series of muscles, extending far beyond your abs, including everything besides your arms and legs. It is incorporated in almost every movement of the human body. Workout Breakdown: 100% core. Recover Breakdown: since this class is 30-mins, there is no dedicated cool-down.
shredded: The goal of this strength-based class is to build lean muscle mass using both traditional & nontraditional strength training equipment. Equipment may include dumbells, kettlebells, TRX trainers, climbing ropes, rope pulleys, resistance-based treadmills, and more. Each class has a targeted muscle focus so you can workout with us 3-5 times per week without overtraining. Shredded has been an ENRGi signature exercise class since 2009 — a must try! Workout Breakdown: 90% strength / 10% cardio. Recover Breakdown: the end of class is dedicated to foam rolling, deep stretching, and/or mobility.
- suspension: Developed by Navy SEALs, suspension training is strength-based, leveraging gravity and your body weight to increase strength, balance, flexibility and core stability simultaneously. Workout Breakdown: 100% strength. Recover Breakdown: the end of class is dedicated to foam rolling, deep stretching, and/or mobility.
target 6: A power-packed, low impact strength-based workout to target six key areas of the body: arms, back, chest, butt, legs, and thighs. You’ll be performing exercises that utilize strength, balance, and functionality to build a stronger and more defined body! Workout Breakdown: 100% strength. Recover Breakdown: since this class is 30 minutes, there is no dedicated cool-down.
hybrid (cardio and strength)
- calorie: The goal of this cardio & strength based class is simple: get a full body workout burning as many calories as possible during this high-energy and sweat-drenched class. Experience a unique blend of heart-pounding cardio, plyometrics, and muscle toning exercises that will turn your fat burners on high and scorch the calories away! This exercise class will boost your metabolism for hours afterward. Workout Breakdown: 70% cardio / 30% strength. Recover Breakdown: the end of class is dedicated to foam rolling, deep stretching, and/or mobility.
- s.w.a.t.: A circuit training workout that will take your cardio & strength to the next level! SWEAT IT OUT on air bikes, rowers, treadmills, SkiErg’s, and stairs; then BUILD FAT BURNING MUSCLE using monkey bars, suspension trainers, barbells, and more! Each circuit will be a vigorous but fun challenge on a new piece of exercise equipment. This exercise course will burn mega calories and boost your metabolism for hours afterward. sweat. work. accelerate. transform. Workout Breakdown: 50% cardio / 50% strength. Recover Breakdown: the end of class is dedicated to foam rolling, deep stretching, and/or mobility except for 30-minute classes.
- warrior: The goal of this fast paced cardio & strength based class is to bring out your inner warrior! We’ll continually challenge your body with new movement patterns that’ll test the limits of your strength & endurance. You’ll spend no more than a minute at each station doing sled pushes, climbing Gladiator Walls, weaving on the monkey bars, balancing on med balls and SO MUCH MORE! Workout Breakdown: 50% cardio / 50% strength. Recover Breakdown: the end of class is dedicated to foam rolling, deep stretching, and/or mobility.
specialty (yoga and dance)
- ashtanga yoga: This powerful, healing practice is a specific sequence of postures (asanas) linking breath (pranayama) and movement (vinyasa.) Ashtanga is an athletic flow combining strength, flexibility, and stamina for a complete body workout — building core strength and toning the body.
- gravity yoga: This yoga-inspired fitness class uses hammocks suspended from the ceiling. Harness gravity and deepen each expression by transferring standing and balancing postures into the air. Vinyasa sequences, inversion therapy and decompression of the spine will be integrated dynamically in this practice. Gravity yoga is an exceptional way to build your floor practice and actively recover between workouts. *If you are pregnant or have high blood pressure, we do not recommend taking this class. Please check with your doctor beforehand.
- yoga flow: A vinyasa-style class, focused on aligning breath with movement to strengthen your body, mind, and focus. Expect to find: power flows, balance, core strengthening, breathing techniques, and more. This class is the perfect complement to your high intensity workouts – strengthening and stretching at the same time!
- (*) yoga recover: a relaxing sequence of breath-infused stretch flows meant to release tension, “untangle” knots and restore energy. This is the perfect recovery day workout plan that will leave you refreshed and rejuvenated!
- werq®: a fiercely fun dance fitness class based on your favorite dance, pop, and hip-hop music. You will be shakin’, movin’, drop’n it like it’s hot, and having a blast following the dance instructor through the choreographed songs that will burn tons of calories — all while tightening and toning your whole body. Each werq® class concludes with balance and a yoga-style cool down to bring your body and mind back down to a state of rest. No dance experience necessary!
- zumba fit®: A Latin-inspired, calorie-burning, interval workout dance party. This class moves between high and low intensity dance moves designed to get your heart rate up and boost cardio endurance. Here we combine dance and fitness to create a fun and dynamic class.
Our recovery area is available during class times. Reservations are encouraged. We recommend using it post workout as long as you’re wearing socks. If you’re extra sore, you can ditch the workout and just use our recovery area.
- compression therapy – Compression therapy uses compressed air to massage your feet, legs, and hips. Regular use will speed up recovery time between workouts, improve circulation in the extremities and reduce muscle soreness
FOAM ROLLING, DEEP STRETCHING & MOBILITY
Since we believe the recovery is equally important as the workout, the end of each 45-minute class is dedicated to foam rolling, deep stretching, and/or mobility exercises.
DEDICATED RECOVERY CLASSES
- recovery circuit – Whether you’re extra sore and need a day off OR you want to take this class after a workout, this is the ultimate recovery class! The goal is simple — to help you recover faster. Each station will have a different recovery focus that includes decompressing the spine, releasing muscle tension, lengthening the muscles and improving flexibility. There’s nothing like it and it’s simply AHH-MAZING! Recovery circuit will be offered several times per week beginning in October.
- yoga – See our recovery-based yoga classes with an (*) listed above under “specialty”.
For best results, we recommend you workout. recover. repeat. 3-5x per week!