Go beyond the scale with the InBody scan, a non-invasive body composition analysis that provides a detailed breakdown of your weight in terms of muscle, fat, and water on an InBody Result Sheet. An InBody scan can take anywhere from 15-120 seconds, depending on the model used. With your results sheet you can track your progress and monitor your health with accuracy and ease.
BIA testing utilizes a small, unrecognizable transfer of electricity from one side of your body to the other. BIA determines body fat percentage from how quickly the electricity is transferred due to water content in the body.
The accuracy is 98% if the following criteria are met:
- No food within the last 4 hours.
- No caffeine within the last 4 hours; regular water consumption.
- No workout within the last 12 hours.
- No after a shower or using a sauna (sweat & heat causes a temporary change in conductivity within the body)
- Women within the first twelve weeks of pregnancy
*Scanning can be done even if the above criteria are not met, however, the client should know it could affect the accuracy of results.
When NOT to Use the machine:
If you have an implantable electrical device such as Pacemaker, Defibrillator, Nerve Simulator.